We warmly welcome Chris Haughton to My Little Bookcase as part of his global blog tour. Chris is enthusiastically promoting his latest book,and we think Oh No, George! is simply wonderful. Read our glowing review here. He is also the author of A Bit Lost.
Chris has been busy visiting some international blogs and answering many insightful questions. We don’t have any questions for Chris at My Little Bookcase though. Instead, he has bravely agreed to be the first author/illustrator to step inside the My Little Bookcase Confessional and declare some secrets (well at the very least, some facts YOU may not know about him).
1. I live in my work studio (as opposed to working from home!)
2. I work quite erratically. I usually work quite frantically for a few weeks or months and then take a while off in one go.
3. I studied graphic design because it was the only art department with computers.
4. I probably need to work on my life/work balance!
5. I have about 300 owls and 20 monkeys under my bed.
(Available for purchase at http://shop.chrishaughton.com along with other prints and products designed by Chris. )
I’m sure Chris has left you intrigued and wanting to find out more. We’ve been following his blog tour so far, and think Chris is incredibly talented and socially astute.
I encourage you to pop by some of these blogs to find out more about this picture book genius. Here are some of the highlights from the tour:
- Picture Book Picnic with Walker Books- The Making of Oh No, George!
- Not Just For Kids- Chris shares his inspiration for illustrating.
- Playing By the Book- Chris describes the unique places he has lived, and talks a bit about his next book.
- Christchurch Kids- Chris describes his research on guilty dogs.
- Wahm Bam!- Chris discusses the colour scheme for his illustrations, and how he goes about writing stories that everyone can relate to.
- There’s a Book-A sweet interview with a four year old interviewer, and you’ll find out some of Chris’ favourite things.
And more will be revealed in the coming days at:
- March 21: Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast
- March 22: Being a Mummy
- March 23: The Book Chook
WIN A COPY OF OH NO, GEORGE!
With thanks to Walker Books Australia, My Little Bookcase is pleased to offer a copy of Oh No, George! to one lucky reader.
Read our book review of Oh No, George! and leave a comment below telling us what you find most appealing about the book.
One winner will be randomly selected with the assistance of www.random.org.au to win a copy of Oh No, George!
Terms and conditions:
1. Each reader may enter only once.
2. Entrants must live in Australia to be eligible for this give-away.
3. All entries must be received by 8pm (EDT) Sunday 25 March 2012 to be eligible.
4. The winner will be selected using www.random.org
5. The winner will be notified via email and will also be announced on www.mylittlebookcase.com.au, facebook and Twitter.
6. The winner is asked to respond to the email with a delivery address.