Win a SIGG children’s 0.4L drink bottle and a copy of And Then Comes Halloween courtesy of Walker Books Australia
This Give-away is valued at $52.55 .
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATS TO JASMINE FOR WINNING THIS GREAT PACK.
Halloween isn’t as widely observed in Australia as in other parts of the world, so it can sometimes be hard for Australian children to understand the tradition.
Reading picture books is a great way to help them understand the traditions, and the SIGG water bottle will ensure your child stays hydrated while trick-or-treating this year.
About the products:
SIGG Drink Bottle
Its aluminium outer case, with cute Witches Broom design, is light-weight, long lasting and can be used time and time again.
Its non-toxic EcoCare liner is taste and scent neutral and reduces the risk of bacteria build-up.
Visit www.siggaustralia.com.au for more information
And Then Comes Halloween
ISBN: 978-0763652999 (Paperback)
Published by Candlewick Press (Walker Books)
Although set in the northern hemisphere where Halloween takes place in autumn, And Then Comes Halloween is a beautiful introduction to the excitement and preparation that surrounds Halloween. Holly Meade’s watercolour and collage illustrations add brightness and texture to the story.
“When autumn spiders weave silver webs from pillar to post, and the wind whispers winter, and the bones of trees begin to show…
Then it’s time to decide what to be”
Tom Brenner has produced a magical composition of words. And Then Comes Halloween is rich in description, effectively capturing the anticipation and excitement of preparing for Halloween. There is a beautiful pattern that appears with the arrangement of passages in the story. On each page the children wait for signs of the Halloween season before undertaking each phase of their preparation.
The children wait for geese to fly south before hanging decorations. They wait for neighbours to rake leaves before buying, scooping and carving pumpkins. They wait for the last day of October before grabbing their bag or bucket.
I’ve never really been a participator of Halloween festivities, but after reading this delightful book I know I’ve been missing out on something special. More than just trick-or-treating, And Then Comes Halloween illustrates that Halloween is about celebrating, preparation, cooperation, community and friendship.
- Leave a comment below with your answer to this question, What other SIGG bottle design (from the children’s range) do you think would make a great Halloween drink bottle?
- You will need to visit the SIGG website to find the answer to the question.
- One winner will be randomly selected with the assistance of www.random.org.au to will win the drink bottle and the picture book.
Terms and conditions:
1. Each reader may enter only once.
2. Entrants must live in Australia to be eligible for this give-away.
3. All entries must be received by 8pm (EDT) Monday 24 October 2011 to be eligible
4. The winner will be selected using www.random.org
5. The winner will be notified via email and will also be announced on www.mylittlebookcase.com.au, facebook and Twitter.
6. The winner is asked to send a reply email with their delivery address and the book will be sent directly from Flaunt Marketing.