Our Background Story:
We actually made these Little Lamington Creatures for Santa after reading some Aussie Christmas stories. Santa loved them so much we thought we’d make another batch for Australia Day. Be prepared for a little mess but a whole lot of fun!
You will need:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 10g Melted butter
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 cups Coconut
- Slithered almonds
- White chocolate buds
1. Bake your sponge or if you’re time-poor buy a pre-made sponge
2. Cut sponge cake into small rectangles
3. Combine sugar, cocoa, melted butter and milk
4. Mix well to create icing
5. Dip sponge rectangles into icing
6. Coat in coconut
7. Place lamingtons on wire rack to set
8. Use slithered almonds as ears. Press into the lamington
9. Use sultanas as the animals’ noses. Melt a little bit of white chocolate to act as ‘glue’.
10. Enjoy this yummy treat.