There are many ways to use your alphabet beads to help your child develop components for reading, regardless of their age. Read our ways to use alphabet beads.
1. This will help them develop a letter identification and recognition. They will learn letter recognition.
Recognising letters and alphabets
2. Match the alphabet beads with the letters on a alphabet chart.
3. Practice sequencing and ordering letters on a piece of string.
4. Find out which letter (and where) is missing from a sequence.
5. Play I Spy, or sort and group similar letters (e.g. ‘ ‘I spy a letter that has a long tail.’, or’‘I spy a small letter.’.
6. Use the letter you choose to start an Alphabet Hunt.
7. Use colored alphabet beads to highlight specific sound within a word. First sound, last sound, etc. ).
8. Use pasta, beads or charms to separate parts from words. phonemes, syllables, base words).
9. Thread letters together to form familiar words (e.g. sightwords, favorite words, spelling words, theme words or names of friends and family.
10. Create your own words using VC words, CVC words, CVCC words, or even nonsense words etc.
For more activities, click our activities tab in the menu or click here to learn more about sleep and memory.