If you’re stopping by to check out or link up to The Children’s Bookshelf, then I can safely assume that you are a lover of picture books. In which case you really must take a peek at the 2013 calendar I have created with the amazing help of 12 wonderful picture book illustrators. You can take a peek and get yourself a copy here.
PLEASE NOTE: My baby really can’t be too far away now. Today is her due date. There is a chance that The Children’s Bookshelf may fall to the wayside here at My Little Bookcase for a week or two until I find my feet but you can always visit one of these fantastic blogs in the meantime:
What Do We Do All Day? No Twiddle Twaddle, Smiling Like Sunshine, Mommy and Me Book Club, and Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns.
Hey Mommy, Chocolate Milk: You’re a Whoot!- with printables.
This post was just irresistible to us. We love our collection of owl-themed books, and can’t wait to tackle some of these fun activities…..and, who doesn’t love a free printable?
Here are some of our favourite owl books. What are yours?
- A Bit Lost by Chris Haugton
- Owl Know How by Cat Rabbit and Isobel Knowles
- Can I Cuddle the Moon? by Kerry Brown and Lisa Stweart
- Little Hoot by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- Owl Babies by Martin Waddell and Patrick Benson
- Wow! Said the Owl by Tim Hopgood
So if you have a children’s book or reading-related post you’d like to share, please consider joining The Children’s Bookshelf Linky Party:
How to join:
- Every Monday visit The Children’s Bookshelf, hosted at one of the following blogs: What Do We Do All Day? No Twiddle Twaddle, Smiling Like Sunshine, Mommy and Me Book Club, My Little Bookcase and Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns. You can link up your post at any time during the week and it will be displayed on all six blogs.
- Link up your children’s book-related posts. We love posts about book news, reviews, reading tips or any other book-related items you think will be of special interest to parents.
- Consider adding The Children’s Bookshelf button or text link to your post to let others know where the book party is. You can grab the code from the box underneath the button below. Click the text, copy it, and paste it in the HTML of your post.
- PLEASE Visit at least THREE other posts and share your comments. We want this to be an interactive community of book lovers- and doesn’t everyone crave a bit of comment love??
- Follow the The Children’s Bookshelf on Pinterest, where we will be featuring some of our favourite posts from the link-up every week.
- By linking up you are giving permission for any of the co-hosts to pin and/or feature your photo on a future The Children’s Bookshelf post.