The Children’s Bookshelf is hosted every Monday by My Little Bookcase along with What Do We Do All Day?, No Twiddle Twaddle, Smiling Like Sunshine, Mommy and Me Book Club, and Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns.
Bloggers link up their books or reading related posts, which gives us a collection of amazing ideas that help to inspire a love of reading in our children.
This week I was really inspired by the way waste products were recycled to extend a book through art and craft.
Featured Post of the week:
The Good Long Road: Ten for Tuesday Things That Go Series: Trains
As part of a series on Things that Move, Jenni has created a list of 10 train-themed activity ideas. The ideas include a list of train-themed books and a train art activity using recycled products
Also well worth a visit and a read are:
Robyn and her boys have been making their own dragons to train by recycling toilet rolls, egg cartons and cereal boxes.
Reading Confetti: Pumpkin Seed Art
Lorie shares a colourful way to use pumpkin seeds.
So if you have a children’s book or reading related post you’d like to share, please consider joining The Children’s Bookshelf Linky Party:
How to join:
- Every Monday visit The Children’s Bookshelf, hosted at one of the following blogs: What Do We Do All Day?, No Twiddle Twaddle, Smiling Like Sunshine, Mommy and Me Book Club, My Little Bookcase and Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns. You can link up your post at any time during the week and it will be displayed on all six blogs.
- Link up your children’s book-related posts. We love posts about book news, reviews, reading tips or any other book-related items you think will be of special interest to parents.
- Consider adding The Children’s Bookshelf button or text link to your post to let others know where the book party is. You can grab the code from the box underneath the button below. Click the text, copy it and paste it into the HTML of your post.
- PLEASE Visit at least THREE other posts and share your comments. We want this to be an interactive community of book lovers- and doesn’t everyone crave a bit of comment love??
- Follow the The Children’s Bookshelf on Pinterest, where we will be featuring some of our favourite posts from the link-up every week.
- By linking up you are giving permission for any of the co-hosts to pin and/or feature your photo on a future The Children’s Bookshelf post.