It is with great excitement that I announce this exciting collaboration with 12 of Australia’s finest children’s book illustrators and Kate Fairlie of Picklebums. Together, we have created an exceptional calendar that is not only beautiful, but also incredibly unique.
A truly unique creation
This stunning calendar is sure to be appreciated and treasured by picture book lovers the world over, young or old!
Purchase and instantly download a copy of An Illustrated Year for $14.95 (Now $9.95) and make a loved one very happy this Christmas.
An Illustrated Year features illustrations from 12 of Australia’s best illustrators:
- Kylie Dunstan (Collecting Colour)
- Sally Rippin (The Rainbirds)
- Lisa Stewart (Can I Cuddle the Moon?)
- Christina Booth (Kip)
This is much more than a simple 12 month calendar though.
It has been specifically designed, allowing you to display the 12 exclusive illustrations in your home when you have finished using the calendar. Imagine these illustrations hanging in your child’s nursery, bedroom, playroom or your family’s reading space.
Purchase and download a copy of An Illustrated Year FOR $14.95 (NOW $9.95), and fill your home with 12 stunning and exclusive illustrations.
- This January-December 2013 calendar is available in an easily downloadable and printable format, conveniently sized for printing directly onto A4 paper. The calendar cannot be purchased as a hard copy. It can be downloaded, saved and printed from home or by your local printer.
- The downloadable format allows versatility in how you choose to print or display the calendar. It also keeps the cost of the calendar to a minimum, and you don’t need to worry about the postage costs that a hard copy calendar would incur.
- Exclusive illustrations: While you may recognise some of the illustrations from the pages of your favourite picture books, others have never been seen before. Some of the illustrations have been specifically created for this calendar. Amazingly, Nick Bland has even shared an unpublished illustration from his first book, A Monster Wrote Me a Letter (with only 32 pages in a picture book not all of an illustrator’s work make the final pages of a published book).
- Specially designed: The illustrations have been specifically formatted to measure 5” x 7”. At the end of the year when you have finished with the calendar, simply trim, frame and display the illustrations (using 5”x7” frames) in your home.
- A worthy cause: PLUS through the sale of this calendar, we are also proudly supporting the work of the Australian Literacy & Numeracy Foundation (ALNF) in helping marginalised children learn to read and write, as a proportion of sales is being donated directly to the ALNF.
The ALNF believe that being able to read and write is a basic human right. They develop and deliver specialised literacy programs to provide marginalised Australians with the essential skills to write their own futures.
Visit My Little Bookcase each month throughout 2013, where each illustrator will be featured. You’ll learn more about the illustration, the illustrator and the books they’ve had published.